With fall in the air, it’s the perfect time to make a hearty & flavorful soup!
Have you ever wanted to make a butternut squash soup from scratch?
Tired of store bought soups loaded with preservatives & sodium?
This creamy butternut squash soup recipe takes less than 50 minutes to make!
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
*1 Large butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes)
*1 small red onion, chopped
*4 garlic cloves, chopped
*4 tbsp unsalted butter (can substitute olive oil)
*4 tbsp low fat cream cheese
*32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
*3-4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
*1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
*2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
*1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
*1/8 tsp cayenne
1. Using a large pot, sautee onions & garlic in butter until soft on medium heat
2. Add in butternut squash, chicken broth, black pepper, & cayenne. Bring to a boil and cook until squash is tender (~15-20 minutes)
3. Add in fresh herbs, cook for ~2-3 minutes
4. Remove from heat, pour contents into a heat safe blender, add cream cheese & blend until smooth (*let cool down before blending if your blender does not allow for warm liquids)
5. Return to pot & warm (do not let boil)
6. Add your favorite toppings & enjoy the taste of FALL
Know a friend that would love to see this recipe? Please share! 🙂